Vegetable Pilaf (Vegetarian Dish). This Easy Vegetable Rice Pilaf is full of flavor and is made in just one skillet for a quick and easy side dish recipe! This Easy Vegetable Rice Pilaf is full of flavor and is made in just one skillet for a quick and easy side dish recipe!. Can I use Better Tyan Bouillon, Vegetarian, No Chicken Base or just veggie broth.
Parmesan cheese is optional…except at my house! My vegan daughter adds nutritional yeast instead. Rice Pilaf is an easy side dish that goes with just about anything you're having for dinner! You can have Vegetable Pilaf (Vegetarian Dish) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Pilaf (Vegetarian Dish)
- Prepare of basmati rice, washed until the water is clear.
- Prepare of vegetable broth.
- Prepare of medium-sized zucchini, cubed.
- Prepare of big tomato, cubed.
- Prepare of bell pepper, cubed.
- Prepare of medium-sized eggplant, cubed.
- Prepare of onion, cubed.
- You need of garlic, crushed and minced.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of oil (I normally use sunflower).
Anytime I have an opportunity to add extra vegetables into a dish, I do it. That's why I've always added extra veggies into my rice pilaf. Using a very sharp large knife, trim the ends off, then split the squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out and discard the seeds and strings.
Vegetable Pilaf (Vegetarian Dish) step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the vegetables + onion and stir for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir for a minute or so..
- Add basmati rice. Add salt. Stir well..
- Pour broth bit by bit. When it is boiling, reduce the heat and cover..
- After 20 minutes, check the consistency. If the rice is cooked and fluffy, then it is done. If it is a bit dry, add a bit of water and cover for 5 minutes or so..
Rub oil all over each squash half; lay them cut side down in a rectangular baking pan. Succulent, flavoursome roasted vegetables and fluffly, perfectly cooked rice! Roasted vegetable rice pilaf is baked in one pan for an easy side dish or tasty vegetarian dinner. I am always on the lookout for a better way to cook rice. Let this cute little vegetarian stuffed squash side dish steal the show at the dinner table!