Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs. Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? It just takes some drumsticks, cajun seasoning, and butter. Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are super easy to make, and entirely gluten free.
Tandoori – Simply make a spice mixture or buy a commercial one and marinate in yogurt and the spices. Now I can go on about all the different ways to bake drumsticks, but I really love the simplicity of the Cajun seasoning. Just a few ingredients are needed for easy BBQ chicken drumsticks baked in the oven: Chicken drumsticks: With the skin on (see why below) BBQ sauce: Adds loads of flavor and a thick, saucy coating. You can cook Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs
- Prepare 8-10 of chicken legs.
- Prepare 2 cups of bbq. Sauce; (sweet baby Ray).
- You need 21/2 Tbsp. of Holy Smoke bbq rub seasoning;(can only buy it in Tenn.
- It’s of (You can use whatever bbq. Rub seasoning you want too.).
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Each of kosher salt & freshly ground pepper.
Choose a good quality one with lots of flavor. Honey: Adds a delicious sweetness to the sauce. In a large bowl or ziplock bag mix olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and onion powder together. Using a spatula; flip the chicken legs over; being careful not to tear the skin.
Oven Baked cajun BBQ Chicken Legs step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together Cajun seasoning, BBQ seasoning, salt & freshly ground black pepper..
- Coat chicken legs on all sides with Olive oil..
- Season chicken legs on all side with seasoning mixture..
- Place chicken legs skin side down on a baking sheet pan..
- Bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and turn the tempture up to 425 degrees..
- Coat tops of the chicken legs with bbq sauce using a basting brush..
- Using a spatula; flip the chicken legs over; being careful not to tear the skin..
- Coat the other side of the chicken legs with bbq sauce..
- Place back into the oven and cook for 7 minutes..
- Remove from oven and repeat steps 8 thru 10 again..
- Place back into oven and cook for another 7 minutes or until chicken legs are crispy and parts are blackened; chicken legs are done..
- Reomve from oven and let cool down before serving..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Coat the other side of the chicken legs with bbq sauce. New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make hickory smoked honey barbecue chicken. Get Cajun Brined Turkey-Two Ways Recipe from Food Network. An oven-baked BBQ chicken recipe for legs, thighs or leg quarters cooked low-and-slow that tastes like it came right off the grill. Truly the best oven-baked bbq chicken drumsticks and legs recipe perfect for an easy weeknight dinner with a sticky homemade honey BBQ sauce.