Chicken tender rolls (shiso leaves + umeboshi). Shiso (or shiso leaves or perilla) looks like this. It's a popular Japanese herb used in many Japanese cooking recipes. For this recipe, I added chicken and buna shimeji mushrooms and they work really well with ume and shiso.
Like most leafy herbs, I find it is best used raw, the leaves whole or chiffonaded. The green variety produces more tender. The Bento Buster makes some yummy Umeboshi Plum, Shiso, & Chicken Spring Rolls. You can cook Chicken tender rolls (shiso leaves + umeboshi) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tender rolls (shiso leaves + umeboshi)
- You need 12 of chicken tender.
- It’s 12 of shiso leaves (or if big, you can use 6 leaves and cut in half).
- It’s 6-7 of umeboshi.
- You need 2 tbsp of sake.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of potato starch.
Read the umeboshi vs. ume shiso discussion from the Chowhound General Discussion food community. umeboshi vs. ume shiso. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts. Translated: "Steamed Ume Shiso Chicken breast roll with a Toaster." I altered it slightly by omitting green onions and I used an oven instead of a toaster oven. If you're not so sure how you feel about umeboshi, try this dish because the chicken tones down the sourness and it goes really well with rice.
Chicken tender rolls (shiso leaves + umeboshi) instructions
- Pound chicken tender to make them thinner. (You can use cling wrap or similar product if you like.).
- Remove umeboshi meat and mash them. Cut off stem off of shiso leaves and cut in half if necessary..
- Sprinkle sake and a inch of salt over chicken tender. Place a piece of shiso leave and mashed umeboshi over a piece of chicken tender..
- Roll up and and seal with a tooth pick..
- Sprinkle potato starch over rolled chicken tender..
- Heat canola oil in a pan. Once heated, place chicken tender (the bottom part) and lower heat to medium. Start rolling and cook about for 3 minutes until all the the surface gets brown crispy (but not the top part)..
- Place a lid, and cook for another 5 minutes or so on low/medium heat until chicken is throughly cooked..
Shiso is a member of the mint family and has large teardrop-shaped leaves with serrated edges. Have you ever had sushi that was accompanied by a fresh Shiso is also very easy to grow in a container and loves having a sunny location. There are green and purple varieties of shiso, and either one is a. Chicken braised with umeboshi, red shiso, laveder, onions and wine. It's more floral than green shiso and in Japan, it's primarily used for pickling vegetables.