You can cook Chana Dal using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chana Dal
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chana Dal, soaked 30 minutes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need as needed of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need as needed of Water.
Chana Dal step by step
- Firstly, in a cooker take oil and add the tempering ingredients. (mustard, jeera, red chilli, hing and curry leaves).
- Further saute them till they splutter. also saute ginger, chilli and garlic..
- Additionally, fry onions till they turn translucent..
- Furthermore, add tomatoes and saute till they turn soft and mushy..
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. saute for a minute..
- Add chana dal. make sure to wash and soak chana dal for 30 minutes..
- Then add 2 cups of water and give a good mix..
- Further, pressure cook on medium flame for 5-6 whistles or till the dal gets cooked well..
- Open the vessel when pressure is released completely and give a good stir..
- Check for seasonings and adjust if required. also garnish with few chopped coriander leaves..
- Finally, serve chana dal hot with rice and roti..