Palakh paneer. Palak paneer with video and step by step photos. One of the most popular Indian dishes is palak paneer – soft cottage cheese cubes in a mild spiced smooth spinach sauce. Palak paneer (pronounced [paːlək pəniːɾ]) is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of paneer (a type of cottage cheese).
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is cooked with spinach and spices in this creamy and flavorful curry. It pairs well with naan, paratha or jeera rice. green coloured palak curry is palak paneer with paneer cubes, garam masala and other spices. finally, i request you to check my other top paneer curries recipes collection with this post of palak. You can have Palakh paneer using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Palakh paneer
- It’s 3 of standard measuring cup tightly filled spinach.
- You need 2 of onions chopped (or 1 big onion + 1/2 cup spring onions).
- You need 1 of large size tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 8-9 cloves of garlic (or 5 cloves + 1/4 cup green garlic) paste.
- It’s 2 inches of ginger paste.
- Prepare 5 of +/- green chillies (depends on its spiciness. I used 15).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasoori methi.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 8-10 of cashew (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
- Prepare 2 inches of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 2 of green cardemom.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of jeera.
- Prepare 150-200 gr of paneer.
Palak Paneer – a smooth and creamy spinach sauce infused with Indian spices becomes a delicious base You may know this recipe as Saag Paneer, but this recipe is actually called Palak Paneer, or. Restaurant Style Palak Paneer – How to Make Palak Paneer – Cottage Cheese In Spinach Gravy – Smita. Indian Palak Paneer or (Spinach with Paneer) is delicious, nutritious, full-flavored, and super easy to make in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker! Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India.
Palakh paneer instructions
- Thoroughly remove stems from spinach. Wash, drain and then dry on a cloth..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and saute green chillies, spring onions and green garlic (if using) and spinach for 4-5 minutes or till the raw smell of them disappears..
- Grind cashew along with water into paste. Add spinach mixure in the same and grind again into smooth paste. Keep aside..
- Take 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add jeera, cinnamon, cardemom and cloves. When they leave aroma, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute and add onions next. Saute till they are translucent and tender..
- Add tomatoes and salt. Fry till the tomatoes are mushy. Add garam masala and kasoori methi. Saute till oil release. Turn off the heat and keep aside till it cools down. Grind it into fine paste. Heat 1 tbsp oil. Add the onion tomato paste along with 150 ml water. Cover and let it boil for 2-3 minutes or until you get the desired thickness..
- Add the green paste and paneer. Combine well. Add water if it looks too thick. Bring it to a boil (for not more than 2-3 minutes). Add chopped green chillies if the gravy is not spicy enough..
- The green colour of sabzi in the picture is unedited. This recipe gives it lushy green colour. Following are the tips for the colour…1. very little use of garam masala powder 2. Adding cashew paste. 3. Not over cooking spinach/gravy..
- Spinach : 1. Avoid using dark green leaves of spinach as they taste bitter. 2. It is important to remove stems from spinach to avoid bitterness..
- Paneer : no need to sauté paneer. You can directly add it in the gravy. Yet if you want to sauté, do it only a little till paneer heats up. Over heating will make paneer chewy. Transfer paneer straight to sabzi after sauteing. Or rest it in warm water while the sabzi is still being cooked. Soft and creamy paneer tastes nice in this sabzi..
- You can totally skip the grinding of red gravy. I grind it as my hubby likes very smooth gravy. You may also garnish it with fresh cream..
Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube. Palak Paneer is a quintessential North Indian vegetarian dish made with cottage cheese and fresh Just the sight of white cubes of paneer peeping through the emerald green spinach puree will make. It's coincidentally also the ugly duckling of all food that ever existed. Please, I beg you, I PLEAD with all my food-loving heart.