Homemade Rub Chicken with Garlic and Onion (Baked in the Oven). A flavorful rub that I've used already multiple times! Filled with savory flavor from garlic and onion powder countered with the classic herby flavor from Greek cooking like dried basil, oregano and dill. Mix onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and paprika in small bowl.
This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika in a bowl. You can cook Homemade Rub Chicken with Garlic and Onion (Baked in the Oven) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Rub Chicken with Garlic and Onion (Baked in the Oven)
- It’s 1 of chicken (about 1 kilogram or 2 lbs).
- It’s 3 tbsp of homemade rub https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2667371-mild-homemade-rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 knob of garlic, cut sideways (no need to peel it).
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and halved.
Rub seasoning under skin, turn over chicken and rub seasoning on the other side. How to Make Garlic Chicken Bake. Clean the chicken and pat dry with towel. In a bowl take the butter (soft not melted), add the ginger garlic paste, pepper, salt, lime juice, rosemary, and other herbs.
Homemade Rub Chicken with Garlic and Onion (Baked in the Oven) step by step
- Pat dry the chicken..
- Rub the chicken with oil, then salt and black pepper (don't forget the inside part, too!)..
- Rub the homemade rub all over..
- Prepare a heatproof dish. Add oil on the bottom and dice 1/2 of the onion then scatter it on the dish. Break 1/2 knob of garlic and put it on the dish..
- Insert 1/2 onion and 1/2 knob of garlic inside the chicken..
- Arrange the chicken on the dish. Bake on 200 Celcius degrees for an hour..
Mix together to get a paste like consistency. Rub this butter paste all over the chicken and also inside the skin of the chicken. Combine oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme leaves (if using) in bowl and mix well. Sprinkle mixture over the chicken and rub well to coat. If using whole chicken, rub inside as well, and stuff with onion and transfer to baking dish.