Paneer Makhani Dum Biryani.
You can cook Paneer Makhani Dum Biryani using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paneer Makhani Dum Biryani
- You need of For rice:.
- It’s 2 cup of long grain basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamon.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of mint leaves, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
- It’s of For Paneer Makhani Masala:.
- It’s 1 cup of makhani sauce.
- You need 1 cup of paneer, cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasthuri methi, crushed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of biryani masala.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of hung curd, whisked.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of For Assemble:.
- You need 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of mint leaves, chopped.
- You need Pinch of saffron, soaked in a tbsp of warm milk.
Paneer Makhani Dum Biryani instructions
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes. Bring 5 cups of water to boil along with all the ingredients mentioned under 'for cooking rice' except basmati rice, once it comes to rolling boil then add soaked rice. Cover and cook until 70% done.Drain the cooked rice in a colander and keep aside..
- Heat the oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pan, then add paneer cubes and roast it on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep aside..
- Then add the makhani sauce with hung curd, fresh cream, kasturi methi, briyani masala, salt and garam masala. Simmer on medium flame for 3 minutes..
- Add the roasted paneer cubes and cook for 2 minutes.Check and adjust the seasoning by this time if needed..
- Reduce the flame to medium-low add start layering the dum biryani. Add remaining cilantro, mint, fried onion and then cooked rice, top it with saffron milk and ghee..
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and then lid for 10 mins in medium-low flame..
- Mix well and serve hot with Onion Tomato Raita or Boondi Raita.