Spicy Bean and Rice. Add cumin, coriander, chili powder and rice. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in carrot, water, bouillon powder and bay leaf.
Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and olives. Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. This Red Beans and Rice gets its flavor from two Cajun meats- Andouille sausage and Tasso ham. You can have Spicy Bean and Rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Bean and Rice
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onions.
- It’s 2 of medium tomatos.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 3 handfuls of spinach.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s Dash of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of brown rice.
- You need of Basil.
- Prepare of Guacamole.
Make rice and serve the beans over rice. To serve, mound rice on serving plates; make a well in each mound. Spoon the black bean mixture into wells. Spicy Beans There's nothing better than a big ol' pot of beans, especially when they're seasoned with peppers.
Spicy Bean and Rice instructions
- In large pot, add : Onions, tomatos, carrots, pepper, olive oil. Sauté on medium heat for 8 minutes..
- Then add : tomato sauce, 4cups water, black beans, spinach, cumin, curry and red pepper flakes. Cool for 25 minutes..
- Then add : brown rice and 2more cups of water. Cool another 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add basil and guacamole..
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drain the kidney beans; set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, add onion, bell pepper and celery (if oil-free, add a little water to sauté). Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, combine the beans, Worcestershire, hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt and stock or water. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook.