You can cook Mushroom Biryani using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Biryani
- It’s 2 cup of long grain basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamon.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 of green chilies slit into halves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of mint leaves finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 2 cup of mushrooms thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 3 tbsp of hung curd.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of briyani masala.
Mushroom Biryani step by step
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.Heat the oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pan, then add all whole spices and cumin seeds.Allow the spices to infused their flavors in oil..
- Then add the green chillies, onion and ginger-garlic paste, saute until raw smell goes off and onion becomes soft and translucent..
- Add half of the chopped cilantro and mint and saute for a minute.Then add tomato,salt and all the spices powders.Saute for 2-3 minutes until the tomato becomes mushy..
- Add the mushroom and mix well to coat with onion-tomato masala. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.Then add hung curd, allow to cook until oil separates. Check and adjust the seasoning by this time if needed..
- Add water to the mushroom masala and bring to boil.Finally add the soaked rice and cook for 3- 4 minutes on high flame.Then reduce to low and cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes..
- Mix well with fork or spoon and serve hot with Onion Tomato Raita or Boondi Raita..