Hyderabadi Vegetable Dum Briyani.
You can cook Hyderabadi Vegetable Dum Briyani using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Vegetable Dum Briyani
- It’s 2 cup of long grain basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of green cardamon.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 4 of green chilies, slit into halves.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger- garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of coriander leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mint, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of cauliflower florets.
- It’s 1/4 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of beans, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of green peas, fresh or frozen.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, peeled and diced.
- You need of salt as required.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of briyani masala.
- You need 3 tbsp of hung curd.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fried onions.
- It’s pinch of saffron,soaked in milk.
Hyderabadi Vegetable Dum Briyani instructions
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes. Bring 5 cups of water to boil and then add soaked rice with salt. Cover and cook until 70% done.Drain the cooked rice in a colander and keep aside..
- Heat the oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pan, then add all whole spices and cumin seeds.Allow the spices to infused their flavors in oil..
- Then add the green chillies, onion and ginger-garlic paste, saute until raw smell goes off and onion becomes soft and translucent..
- Add half of the chopped cilantro and mint and saute for a minute.Then add all the veggies with salt and pan fry the veggies for 2- 3 minutes this gives nice texture to the veggies..
- Then add turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.Cover and cook the veggies by adding 1/2 cup of water until veggies are almost cooked..
- Once veggies are cooked add the garam masala,briyani masala and hung curd, allow to cook until oil separates.Check and adjust the seasoning by this time if needed..
- Reduce the flame to medium-low add start layering the dum biryani. Add remaining cilantro, mint, fried onion and then cooked rice, top it with saffron milk and ghee..
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and then lid for 10 mins in medium-low flame..
- Mix well and serve hot with Onion Tomato Raita or Boondi Raita.