Quick Chana Dal.
You can have Quick Chana Dal using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Chana Dal
- You need 1 1/2 of ,cup chana dal soaked for 30 minutes in warm water.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated coconut (optional).
- Prepare 1 of medium tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1 of green chilli, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee and 1 tsp cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf cut into half.
- You need 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- Prepare of For fresh garam masala.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of green cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 of black cardamom.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 4 of black peppercorns.
Quick Chana Dal step by step
- Pressure cook soaked chana dal and potato, with turmeric,salt and water..
- Grind tomatoes, coconut, grate ginger, green chilli, cumin and coriander powder to a fine paste..
- Light fry the ingredients of garam masala and grind to powder..
- Heat ghee and oil. Add panch phutan and bay leaves. Let them splutter..
- Add red chilli powder. Mix the masala paste and saute on low-medium flame, till oil separate..
- Add and mix boiled dal, potato and fresh, garam masala powder prepared. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Serve hot with roti/rice. Thanks.