Smashed Potatoes oven. Tips to make ultra crispy smashed potatoes. Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes are straight forward to make – boil, squish, drizzle, bake – but there are two little tips I've discovered along the way: Let the potatoes steam dry a bit after smashing them. Use butter and a touch of oil.
Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Those are the best potatoes since they are higher in starch. They'll give you smooth and fluffy mashed potatoes. You can cook Smashed Potatoes oven using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smashed Potatoes oven
- You need 10 of small potatoes.
- It’s To taste of kosher/ pink Himalayan salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare As needed of water to boil potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
The potatoes are peeled and chopped. The the potatoes are transferred to a bowl and mashed. Move the potatoes to a baking dish: Heating the potatoes in an even layer allows them to warm up faster with less drying out. Add more cream and butter: More moisture and fat are the two secret ingredients to reheating any leftovers.
Smashed Potatoes oven instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a pot with water just above the top of the potatoes. Boil the water with the potatoes.
- Boil till the potatoes are fork tender..
- Remove from water and put on an oven safe pan brushed with olive oil..
- Add the potatoes and smash them flat..
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic..
- Brush each potato with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes..
- Serve with some sour cream. I hope you enjoy!!.
For potatoes, reach for half-and-half or broth and butter. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Mashed sweet potatoes: To make mashed sweet potatoes, simply sub in sweet potatoes in place of your Russets and Yukon golds. Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, smothered in garlic butter and melted parmesan cheese! Much like buttery and garlicky French fries or crispy hot chips.