Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken. You might also like this low carb chicken Romano recipe. My hubby and son love cutlets. Often I make a traditional pork cutlet for them but since I like to eat low carb or Paleo I made these Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken cutlets for me.
Whisk in broth, thyme and salt & pepper if desired. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in panko mix and pat to make stick. You can cook Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken
- You need 2 large of skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of eggs (optional).
Place in glass dish lined with paper towels in warm oven until all are cooked. Great recipe for Bacon Roasted Butternut Squash. The sweetness of the butternut squash with the saltiness of the bacon makes this a perfect side to a creamy pasta dish. Try it with my Bacon Chicken Bake!
Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken breasts into three strips each..
- Melt the coconut oil in a fry pan. Turn the oven to 350°F..
- Mix the coconut flour, dessicated coconut, salt and thyme in a bowl large enough to toss the chicken strips in..
- If you are using egg Beat the eggs in another bowl. One by one, immerse the chicken strips in egg then toss them in coconut mix until covered and then put each in the fry pan. If making the AIP version Quickly swoosh the chicken strips in the fry pan to coat them with coconut oil, then toss them through the coconut mix until covered..
- After coating, place the chicken strips in the fry pan..
- Allow the coated strips to gently sizzle (adjust the heat so that they don't burn), and turn them when slightly browned. Once they are browned on both sides, remove from the fry pan to an oven dish. There will be some coconut and oil left in the pan that can be poured over the strips, if you want extra crunch..
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until you are 100% sure the chicken is cooked right through (usually I do a sort of biopsy for this – check that the largest strip is fully cooked at its fattest part..
- Drizzle with avocado sauce. Or, if you are me, just lay it on thickly. Serve with all manner of healthy vegetables..
Return chicken to sauce and cook for a few minutes more, then place on a platter and drizzle heavily with sauce. Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. Another recipe that is super delicious and paleo friendly is the paleo-friendly sweet and sour chicken. It's crispy bits of chicken in an amazing sweet and sour sauce, I highly recommend it. I hope you have been able to cook up this coconut crusted chicken recipe without any issues.