Chicken teriyaki. Incredibly Delicious And Healthy Recipes Only Here. Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish. Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening.
Easy to double for a large group. I've shared other teriyaki chicken recipes like my Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Bowl but this hands down beats the prep and cook time on any other teriyaki chicken I've tried. And yet it tastes just as good! You can have Chicken teriyaki using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken teriyaki
- You need 300 grams of Chicken Breast cut into 1 ½-inch pcs or cook it whole.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Kikkoman or (Any Soy Sauce).
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Steam rice or Steamed Broccoli.
- You need of Spring Onion (garnish).
- You need of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare of optional ingredients.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Kirin.
Plus it's such a flavorful sauce so it doesn't even require marinating. A little salty, a little sweet, a little sour, and just the tiniest hint of spice from minced ginger: This chicken teriyaki is exactly what you'd want for dinner after a long day at work. Crispy and juicy skinless chicken thighs stir-fried and swimming in a beautiful flavoured homemade teriyaki sauce. A hint of garlic adds a twist on a traditional Japanese Teriyaki.
Chicken teriyaki instructions
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat..
- Stir fry chicken until lightly browned and crisp..
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar and Mirin to combine. Set aside..
- Add the garlic to the same pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds)..
- Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Meanwhile slice the chicken and put on the top or steamed rice, pour the sauce springkle with the sesame seeds and lastly with spring onion..
Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill. That's the way traditional teriyaki looks: shiny and incised with grill marks. In Japan, teriyaki is a mix of soy sauce, sake and the rice wine mirin, which imparts a subtle sweetness. Teriyaki chicken is a Japanese dish with savory and sweet teriyaki sauce. Chicken and veggies are cooked in a sweet honey & soy sauce based sauce for a flavorful dish.