Thai Pork And Vegetable Rice Bowl.
You can cook Thai Pork And Vegetable Rice Bowl using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Pork And Vegetable Rice Bowl
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 of each red, green and yellow bell peppers, seeds removed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin (rice cooking wine).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth (as needed).
- It’s 4 cups of cooked white rice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
Thai Pork And Vegetable Rice Bowl step by step
- Brown ground pork together with grated ginger over medium heat (make sure to crumble the meat as it cooks)..
- Meanwhile, cut pepper halves into strips, lengthwise. Peel onion and cut into quarters lengthwise, then halve each quarter again..
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, rice cooking wine, soy sauce and fish sauce. Set aside. (Below is a photo of the rice cooking wine that I use.).
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to the pork. Cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes..
- Stir in the seasoning mixture, mix until well combined, allow it to simmer for 2 minutes. Gradually add chicken broth to pork mixture if more liquid is needed..
- Place rice in a bowl and spoon some Thai Pork and Vegetables on top. To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley (or I use chopped scallion stalks if I have them available)..
- Note: 1 cup uncooked white rice usually yields 3 cups cooked white rice..