TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe. veg tehri recipe with step by step photos. veg tahiri or veg tehri is an aromatic, spiced one pot rice & vegetable based dish from the uttar pradesh cuisine. veg tehri is a medley of mixed veggies, rice and spices from the awadhi cuisine. an easy recipe to prepare. These easy recipes can be made in five minutes flat. This tart and tasty salad goes so wonderfully with lots of different meals.
But don't stop at dessert – check out the recipes for quick breakfasts. These wonderful and delicious five minute recipes are super quick and easy. But they don't have to be boring! You can have TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe
- You need 1.5 cups of White Rice (Soaked for 30 minutes).
- Prepare 1 of Raw potato (diced in cubes).
- It’s 1 of +1/4th cup water.
- Prepare 2 of Chopped green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Prepare Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)(optional).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Seeds(Jeera).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder (Haldi).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 of th cup green peas (optional).
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt (as per taste).
- It’s of Green Coriander chutney and curd to accompany Tahiri 🙂.
With judicious use of convenience foods and premade products, you can make some fabulous meals in almost no time. Kitchen life hacks and yummy recipes make your life easier and much more tastier! This is cooking channel about your favorite food, enjoy). Tahiri; a traditional rice based dish hailing from Uttar Pradesh, brings just that to my table for an Serving Tahiri is what makes it all worthwhile.
TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe step by step
- Soak rice for minimum 1 hour if possible. Non soaked rice will also be fine but soaked rice gives best flavour..
- In a cooker, heat 1.5 Tbsp Ghee. Then add Cumin seeds and ginger paste..
- Followed by green chillies, turmeric and Red chilli powder. Saute for 30 seconds at low flame to avoid burning spices..
- Add to it soaked rice, raw potatoes and Green peas. Mix everything.Turn the flame high..
- Add 1+1/4th cup water along with 1 tsp Salt. Mix everything. Water should be in level with the material and not above as shown in picture..
- Take 1 whistle at high flame then simmer for 3 minutes at low flame. Switch off gas and open only after the steam is gone by itself..
- Your yummy and quick TAHIRI is ready. Serve hot! Top it up with raw ghee and serve with Green coriander chutney and Curd/Raita for best taste..
Just peanuts, a food processor, and five minutes. I wanted you to know why you might see a slight change in recipes for a while 'round here – no refined sugars and no refined grains, but plenty of other yummy whole foods. To make tahiri recipe or veg tahiri recipe as shared here, you can use the set of veggies that go into the making of pulao or biryani like potatoes, cauliflower, peas and carrot. I have used the above mentioned vegetables along with few baby corns in this tahiri recipe. Dump-and-Bake Chicken Pot Pie Recipe – The Seasoned Mom.