30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry.
You can cook 30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry
- It’s 1 kg of Mutton.
- You need 1 Tsp of Whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare 3 Cup of Red Onions, chopped.
- It’s 3 of Green chilli, slit lengthwise.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaf.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar.
- It’s 1 of Tomato, diced.
- It’s 1 of Potato, diced.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of To Roast Spices:.
- You need 5 Tsp of Red Kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s 4 Tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Fennel powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tsp of Pepper powder.
- It’s of For Tadka/Seasoning:.
- You need 3 of Shallot, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1/8 Tsp of Roasted Fenugreek powder(Uluva podi).
- You need to Taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Coconut oil.
30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry instructions
- In a pressure cooker, heat coconut oil and add the black peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds. Add green chilli, curry leaves, red onion, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic, and sauté until the onion turn golden brown. Add tomatoes, potatoes, mutton, vinegar, and salt. Cover the pressure cooker and cook until 6 whistles on medium low..
- While the mutton is cooking, take a small cast iron skillet and add all the ingredients under the ‘Dry Roast Spices’ and sauté until the spices give out an aroma but be careful not to burn it. Once the pressure in the cooker dies down, open the lid and add the roasted spices to the cooked mutton..
- Add water to bring the curry to desired consistency and season with salt if necessary. Bring the curry to a boil. Meanwhile for the tadka/seasoning, take a skillet and add some coconut oil, shallots and curry leaves and saute until the shallots and golden brown. Add fenugreek (uluva) powder and saute it for a few seconds. Add this to the mutton curry and give it a stir. Enjoy with Rice or Roti and Raita..