Oven Baked Meringue. Always make sure the bowl you are using to make your meringue is scrupulously clean. Take care not to over whip your meringue. Some supermarkets do sell pre-pasteurized egg white, but these require a much longer whipping time to reach the desired volume for a meringue.
The shortcrust is possibly the most widely used and popular of all pie crusts. To prevent burning you can bake on an air cushion baking sheet or put parchment paper on a regular cookie sheet. For these meringue cookies, we aren't so much baking the meringue as drying it out. You can cook Oven Baked Meringue using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Meringue
- It’s 4 of egg whites at room temperature (3.6 oz.).
- Prepare 3.6 oz. of granulated sugar.
- You need 3.6 oz. of impalpable glass sugar (sifted).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 drops of red food coloring (or your preferred color, to taste).
- It’s of Heart-shape cookie cutter (or your peferred cookie cutter).
- You need of Paper towell.
- It’s of Cooking spray.
This gets them nice and crisp all the way through, without browning at all. If you have pasteurized eggs, you can cook the meringue more quickly at a higher temperature. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets. Place the recipe in the oven and bake till meringue is nicely browned.
Oven Baked Meringue instructions
- Put egg whites in a bowl Beat with electric or manual whisk until the egg whites bubble (foam).
- While continuously beating, add gradually:.
- Granulated sugar.
- The glass sugar.
- Lemon juice or vinegar The essence of vanilla The salt.
- The food coloring Continue beating until the meringue forms firm peaks, should not have liquid in it.
- Preheat the oven 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a sleeve or a small spoon to make the meringues.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper Put together the meringues leaving distance between each other.
- To make the heart-shaped meringues:.
- Spray the paper towel with cooking oil, pass it around the edge of the cookie cutter Support it on the butter paper, fill with the preparation using a small spoon.
- Gently remove the cutter Wash it before reuse.
- The cooking time is 50/60 minutes Do not open the oven door Once the cooking time has passed, turn off the oven and let it rest for another 1 hour.
- Store it in an airtight container Keep away from the moisture as it can soften your meringues.
How to Brown Meringue in the Oven's Broiler Used with the Luscious Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe. This is a mile-high lemon meringue pie. Spoon the meringue into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and pipe small blobs of meringue onto the tray. Use the back of a spoon to add swirls, which will brown more and give your meringue extra crunch.