Oven Fried Fish and Grits. When it comes to frying fish, people tend to belong to one of two camps. The first has a knack for flipping battered fillets over the skillet reeeal quick for a no-fuss (but often fantastic) meal. The second draws a clear line between fried fish and fish fries.
For a traditional fish fry menu, serve your golden brown and crispy fried catfish with cheese grits, coleslaw, french fries, and hush puppies. Ahhhh fish and grits…a true southern comfort classic! There is just something about this dish that does it for me. You can have Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- Prepare 1 of Cod Filet.
- Prepare 1 of Serving of quick cook grits.
- You need 1 of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- You need A few of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of nonstick cooking spray.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s To Taste of Salt & Pepper.
It doesn't matter what I'm going through at the time, when I sit down to a bowl of flavorful, creamy cheese grits and cajun fish, everything feels "alright" Yep it's that deep for me lol. Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Fried Grit Cakes – REASONS TO SKIP THE HOUSEWORK. Change it up and make Fried Grit Cakes!
Oven Fried Fish and Grits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..
This recipe is one that will make sense to any true Southerner, for […] Southern Fried Grits Recipe: You'll need some grits of course….some that have already been prepared. … You'll start by making up some grits. I used quick grits and I can't wait to give them a try with some stone ground grits. Just follow the directions on your package and fix them as directed. I love most things on good grits, and this fish and grits recipe is a riff off Low Country shrimp and grits. Bacon, fresh tomatoes, some chanterelle mushrooms, which are in season in the South right now, green onions and lots of lemon.