Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce.
You can have Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 2.5 cups of almond milk.
- Prepare 1/4 C of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of White pepper.
Vegan Smokey Carbonara Sauce instructions
- Heat the tablespoon of oil on medium high heat. Once to temperature, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes..
- Lower the heat to medium, remove from heat and add a flower mix well..
- Return to the medium heat and add the remaining seasoning (salt, pepper, nutritional yeast) and the almond milk. Whisk together on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Let the flavors combined and get used to each other 🙂 The sauce will thicken. If gets to thick add little more almond milk..
- Once all ingredients have been combined and infused, turn off the heat and let sit to cool. This step is not necessary. I do this for I hate placing hot liquid on my blender..
- Combine all these ingredients together in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes, or until smooth. This as you know all depends on how strong your blender is. Taste, may need mote salt..
- Once blended, you will have a creamy sauce that you can use for just about anything! Use on pastas, meatball tacos, falafels, salads, etc. Imagination is key!.