Sour Cream Pound Cake. Check Out Sour Cream For Cakes On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla.
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy and noticeably lighter in color. Sour cream pound cake is a moist and delicious cake that's easy to put together. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan. You can cook Sour Cream Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened.
- It’s 2-1/2 Cups of Sugar.
- It’s 6 of Large eggs or 5 extra Large eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Lemon extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extra.
- You need 1 cup (8 oz) of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Equipment (see below).
This classic pound cake from Southern Living is particularly rich, tender, and perfect because of the addition of sour cream. It's creamy and smooth on the inside with a crispy crust on the outside and top. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Sour Cream Pound Cake instructions
- Equipment: 10" bundt or tube pan Pastry brush for buttering pan Measuring cups and spoons 2 small and 1 large mixing bowl Sieve (or small strainer) Beaters or stand mixer (or wooden spoon) Spatula Cooling rack.
- Prepare the pan and preheat the oven to 325°. Butter the bundt pan, being sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Sprinkle in a few spoonfuls of flour and tap the pan to distribute. Tap out excess flour..
- Sift the dry ingredients. Sift the 3 cups of flour, baking soda and salt into a small bowl and set aside..
- Cream the butter and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the vanilla. With the mixer running on low, add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Fold in the flour and sour cream. Sift half of the flour over the butter and egg mixture, and stir gently with spatula. Add the sour cream and continue to stir gently. Sift the remaining flour over the batter and stir until all the flour has been incorporated..
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Gently pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan softly against the counter to remove air bubbles..
- Bake the pound cake. Bake for 60 minutes and check the cake. The cake is done with the top is deep golden-brown and a skewer or paring knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If batter or wet crumbs cling to the blade, continue baking. Check every 5 minutes until the cake is done..
- Remove from oven and cool. When the tester comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and place the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto the rack and wiggle the pan gently until it lifts off of the cake. Allow the cake to cool for another hour..
Add half of the flour mixture, followed by the sour cream, and then the other half of the flour mixture, blending well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.