For Valentine's Day: Roasted Green Tea & Pistachio Truffles.
You can have For Valentine's Day: Roasted Green Tea & Pistachio Truffles using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of For Valentine's Day: Roasted Green Tea & Pistachio Truffles
- It’s 30 grams of ◆Milk chocolate.
- It’s 50 grams of ♧ Granulated sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of ♧ Heavy cream (animal-based).
- You need 25 grams of ♧ Pistachio powder.
- Prepare 90 grams of ❤ White chocolate.
- Prepare 50 grams of ❤ Heavy cream (animal-based).
- You need 8 grams of ❤ Powdered Hojicha (roasted green tea).
- It’s 55 grams of ♤ Milk chocolate.
- You need of Garnish:.
- Prepare 1 of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 of Matcha powder.
- It’s 1 of Edible gold dust (♡ Depending on how much you love this person).
For Valentine's Day: Roasted Green Tea & Pistachio Truffles step by step
- Line mold with kitchen parchment paper. I used a square tamago tofu (savory egg custard) mold this time, but you can use a bento box with a flat base as well..
- Melt the chocolate for the base in a double boiler..
- Pour the chocolate into the mold and spread thinly. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to harden..
- ♧ Now let's make the pistachio praline cream. Place the granulated sugar into a small pot and and heat on medium..
- Once the granulated sugar melts and starts to brown, stop the heat accordingly. Be careful because once the sugar starts to burn, it burns quick..
- While the sugar is still hot, combine heavy cream little by little to make the caramel. (If the sugar has cooled off, lightly re-heat again.).
- Combine pistachio powder and mix well. Let it cool..
- Pour the mixture over the hardened chocolate base from earlier. Even out the surface, and let it harden in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- ❤ Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Microwave heavy cream for 20 seconds to body temperature. Combine with white chocolate little by little..
- Combine the roasted green tea powder into the mixture. It might seem like it's coagulating, but continue mixing. Keep at it using the double boiler and it'll soon become smooth♡ Go go, you can do it!.
- Let the mixture cool off. Pour it over the hardened praline cream and smooth out the surface. Let it chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- Once the roasted green tea chocolate has hardened, melt the ♤ milk chocolate in a double boiler again. Spread the chocolate on top. (Have 1/2 of the milk chocolate saved at the beginning. It will be used for the base and the top of the chocolate.) Let it chill in the refrigerator..
- Once the chocolate has hardened, cut the chocolate into 3 cm squares in a saw-like motion using a heated knife. (The pieces in th e picture turned out too big.).
- Coat the sides with chocolate as well and let it chill. Once it has hardened, sprinkle some cocoa or matcha powder for decoration. Decorate with edible gold dust if you have some..
- All done!.
- This is the chocolate (milk and white) and roasted green tea powder I used this time. If you don't have powdered roasted green tea, you can also grind tea leaves using a mortar and pestle..