American fluffy pancakes. This easy American pancake recipe makes light and fluffy pancakes that are great for a weekend brunch. Try adding a large handful of fresh blueberries to the batter before cooking. Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden. These are those thick, spongy American pancakes that are often eaten with warm maple syrup and crisp fried bacon. You can cook American fluffy pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American fluffy pancakes
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
I love them with the syrup alone, but if you do want bacon, I think streaky is best. You can easily cook these pancakes by dolloping the batter onto a hot griddle (smooth, nor ridged, side) or heavy based pan. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. Learn how to make fluffy American pancakes at home.
American fluffy pancakes step by step
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour"..
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl..
- Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk..
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side..
These pancakes are delicious for breakfast or as a dessert. They can be served with jam, fruits, honey, whipped cream, chocolate, maple syrup. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg, milk and shortening; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Lots of you seem to love my fluffy gluten-free American pancakes and feedback that they are light, fluffy and even taste better than the regular gluten ones.