*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. By all means, every island makes things slightly different so feel free to follow your own seasonings/spices/herbs with some plant-based sources instead of meat. Great recipe for *EASY* Vegan "salt fish" Fritter. This recipe has to be the tastiest, easiest , most affordable, snack I've ever made!
The cod should be soaked overnight before using. Serve the fritters with a spicy dipping sauce. Spicy and Crispy Fritters made easy! You can have *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- You need 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of old bay season.
- It’s 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
Jamaican Saltfish Fritters recipe aka Bajan bakes in Barbados! However as we come from a Jamaican background they are Saltfish Fritters. The sight and smell always make our senses glitter! Mix flour, garlic powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter step by step
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I like to think of these salt fish fritters as your ticket to a Caribbean culinary vacation, without the high price of a plane ticket or hotel room. Can this Jamaican salt fish fritters really make you get a […] Caribbean insipred Salt Fish without the fish! I can't believe how much this recipe resembles Salt Fish. This is one of my favourite dishes packed with so much fresh flavour.