Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad. Season salmon flesh side up with salt, spread mayonnaise evenly over the flesh, then squeeze lemon over the entire fillet. While salmon is roasting, assemble your salad. Add all ingredients but oil, toss, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then add oil.
Flaky, perfectly moist, oven-roasted salmon gets its sweet, smoky flavor from a paprika, coconut sugar, and orange zest rub. "A sweet-smoky, moist, oven-roasted salmon texture served on a bed of delicious and refreshing Caesar salad," says Csilla Brimer. I had baked salmon at a friend's house recently. (She is an Alaskan native and had some salmon she brought back from vacation. Yummy) She spread mayo and some seasonings on the fish then baked it. You can cook Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad
- Prepare 2 pound of salmon fillet.
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoons of mayo.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a fresh lemon, squeezed).
- Prepare of For the topping:.
- It’s 2 of ripe medium Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large Persian cucumber, seeded and diced (If you can't find Persian, a pickling cuke will work.).
- You need 1/2 of a small red onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels (Fresh would have been great today, but I wanted to use up a (15 oz.) can. If canned, drain well.).
- You need 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2.5-3 Tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- It’s of optional: fresh herbs (I used 1/4 cup chopped cilantro today.).
- It’s of optional for heat: 1 Tablespoon sriracha.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
I had never heard of that before, but it was really good. I came up with my own twist using that idea. I made this last night and it was wonderful. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture.
Oven Roasted Salmon with Refreshing Summer Salad instructions
- Take salmon out of fridge then preheat oven to 450F. Season salmon flesh side up with salt, spread mayonnaise evenly over the flesh, then squeeze lemon over the entire fillet..
- When oven is preheated, roast salmon for 17 to 20 minutes..
- While salmon is roasting, assemble your salad. Add all ingredients but oil, toss, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then add oil and toss again..
- Take salmon out of oven and let it cool for 5 minutes or so before segmenting into portions..
- Place a portion of salmon on plate and top with as much of the salad as you like..
- I served ours with mashed potatoes, but it would go great with rice, quinoa, or couscous, among other things. Enjoy! :).
Our family loves salmon prepared this way, and it's a real treat to make on a warm summer evening. Generously salt a large pot of water (it should taste like the ocean). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or use an oven-proof non-stick skillet). Salmon + this salad = the healthiest, most filling dinner.. These super-fresh salmon grill packs make clean-up a breeze.