Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken. Brush chicken pieces with butter then dip into the crumb mixture. Easy Aromatic Oven Fried Chicken Recipe. There is just that crazy something about the Kernals KFC 'secret' recipe that just makes my mouth water greatly and senses go all haywire as i just crave that very crispy crunch of those lovely aromatic herb chicken pieces.
It takes just like KFC but it's baked instead of fried! Includes step by step recipe video. You need only a handful of ingredients for Ina Garten's Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; buttermilk keeps the meat extra moist. You can have Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1 package of chicken drumsticks (6 count).
- It’s of For the coating..
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1 TBS. of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp. of garlic salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tsp. of poultry seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp. of paprika.
- It’s 1 of raw egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Julie's Oven Fried Chicken I wanted to make a southern fried chicken dish, but didn't want all the calories of deep frying. It's easy to make, lower in fat, and tastes just like fried chicken! These Air Fryer Chicken Legs have "go-to weeknight dinner" written all over them! We love Barbecue Baked Chicken Drumsticks that are cooked in the oven, but these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are one of our new favorites.
Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together..
- In a small bowl, whisk the raw egg and milk together..
- Dip each drumstick in the egg mixture and then coat well with the flour mixture..
- Lay drumsticks in a 9×11 baking dish. Coat generously with extra virgin olive oil (about 1/2 cup)..
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for an hour..
- I served them with fresh baked buttermilk biscuits..
The Chicken is AMAZING to say the least. When I first started to cook and tried fried chicken the oil poped and went into my eye and burned my arms so I have made it since but always a little afraid still… I will never go back to Fried Chicken on the stove since I found this (Its even better than regular fried chicken also!!!) Thank You Lauren Chicken breasts are coated with a savory blend of cheese-flavored crackers, French-fried onions, and toasted sesame seeds. A thin layer of mayonnaise keeps the crust from falling off and keeps the chicken moist and juicy. Taste of Home has the best oven-fried chicken recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Southern-Style Oven-Fried Chicken I call this America's best-loved oven-fried chicken.