Oven Fried Potatoes. Combine the potatoes, oil, salt and cayenne on the baking. Place potatoes in two large resealable plastic bags. Combine the Parmesan cheese and seasonings; add to potatoes.
Due to the high temperature, the surface of the potatoes comes out golden brown and crispy. The potatoes are not only easy to prepare, they won't leave grease spatters all over your stovetop, and cleanup is a breeze. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. You can cook Oven Fried Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Potatoes
- It’s 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of yellow onions.
- Prepare 1 of ea stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 (10 oz) of cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 3 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 lbs of Italian sausage (optional).
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Drain the potatoes and pat dry. Return the potatoes to a dry bowl, add the oil and toss to coat. Combine potatoes, oil, garlic, herbs, and pepper in large bowl and toss to coat.
Oven Fried Potatoes instructions
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. (This is a very important step).
- Chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks. (Optional: you can peel them first if you want, but I like the skins!) Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan..
- Peel, and cut onions into bite-size pieces..
- Cut off and remove ends from celery stalk. Discard leaves and hearts. Thoroughly rinse each individual rib..
- Chop these celery sticks into ¼ inch pieces and add to pan along with onions and potatoes..
- Thoroughly rinse and slice up the mushrooms. Add to pan..
- Add diced tomatoes and mix thoroughly..
- Peel and mince garlic. Remove stems from parsley and chop fine. (These two ingredients can be a lot of work if you aren't familiar with how it's done. Many grocery stores and markets sell these ingredients prepping in advance.) Add these ingredients and remaining spices to the mixture..
- Melt butter, add to pan, mix well..
- Optional: You can add chopped Italian sausage, or any other kind of sausage or meat, and this tasty side becomes a tasty meal! In this example, I used fresh Polish kielbasa..
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 450° for 2 hours, stirring the mixture halfway..
- Allow to cool, and serve with a perforated spoon..
Bake until golden brown and cooked. Brush potatoes with half oil mixture. With a metal spatula, carefully turn chunks over. Raise your hand if you love extra-crispy roasted potatoes! Right there with ya. ♡ I love them served up first thing in the morning as breakfast potatoes, or hot outta the oven to go with dinner.