Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven. Bake the aubergines in the oven as they are in order to become softer. See great recipes for Pumpkin soup aka Crema di zucca (light version) too! These Greek-style eggplant "meatballs" are completely vegetarian.
The eggplant saganaki can be served with toasted bread to. See great recipes for Oven Baked Pork Loinchops, Oven baked mac n' cheese too! See great recipes for Ham and Cheese Potato Balls, Bacon wrapped rice balls too! You can have Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven
- You need 1 kg of aubergine.
- Prepare 1 of onion medium size.
- Prepare 50 gr of hard cheese like parmesan.
- You need 30 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 150 gr of rye rusk or bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
You will need: eggplant (aka aubergine) – choose a nice firm one. red onion – or substitute yellow/brown onion. garlic – leave it out if you don't like garlic. breadcrumbs – use store bought or make your own by whizzing a few slices of bread in a food processor or blender until fine. dried oregano – this adds a lovely Italian flavor. Eggplant and Meatballs: Fine combination of Eggplant meatballs is surely a best recipe to try out this week. Give try to this different Eggplant and Meatballs Recipe and share your feedback with us. Put the eggplant flesh in a bowl and add the tomato, onion & garlic mixture, grated cheese, rusks, parsley and flour.
Aubergine balls aka Melitzanokeftedes in the oven step by step
- Bake the aubergines in the oven as they are in order to become softer. After 40 min take out their skin and put them in a bowl with all the ingredients except rye rusk.
- Make sure you add the rye rusk slowly till it's bit firm the mix. Let it cool and make small round mix with your hands. Take a spoon and squeeze them in order to become a bit flat..
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and cook them till will get some color. Either add tzatziki sauce or plain yogurt sauce with mint in your dish. Enjoy!.
These eggplant meatballs are an excellent way to get your veggies in and feel satisfied while doing it! I absolutely loved this recipe and trust me, you won't miss the meat! Cut the eggplant into small cubes. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add the diced onion, garlic, cubed eggplant and stock, sprinkle with salt and pepper. These Vegan Eggplant Meatballs are amazing meatless meatballs, made with eggplant, white beans and breadcrumbs to hold them together – if I was a vegan, I would have no problem eating this for dinner every night!