Shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. You can have Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- You need of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- Prepare of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd's Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal! Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. Nearly every Sunday we'd go to our grandparents house for some kind of pot roast or ground beef dish, mashed potatoes. You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes.