Shawarma salad. Easy to make and full of Shawarma flavor! Chicken Shawarma Salad… There isn't a more perfect way to eat a salad! Chicken shawarma salad is an incredibly flavorful, fresh, and elegant weeknight dinner.
Traditional shawarma is made from either chicken, beef, veal, lamb, or a mixture of meats. The seasoned meat is alternated with strips of fat on a vertical spit (which is a tall pole the meat sits on, spins, and cooks for a long time.) The spit acts like a rotisserie, making the meat extremely juicy and tender…YUM. Chicken Shawarma Salad A middle-eastern style of roasting meat, Shawarma is a blend of spices rubbed into meat (i.e. lamb, chicken, beef) and grilled on a vertical skewer for a period of time. You can cook Shawarma salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shawarma salad
- It’s 300 gms of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 piece of pita bread.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of chinese cabbage.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooked peanuts.
- Prepare 250 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
While no two Shawarma marinades are alike, most include cumin, paprika and black pepper. Shawarma is usually slathered in hummus or tahini, but a simple squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil is all you really need for this salad. Chicken Shawarma Salad: tender and juicy marinated chicken thighs served up on a bed of crispy romaine with tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions, topped with a quick and easy creamy yogurt dressing. It's been a while since I last posted a salad recipe.
Shawarma salad step by step
- Cut pita bread into small pieces and mix with shredded cabbage, top with slices tomato, cucumber and onions.
- Saute ground beef until brown and season with salt and pepper.
- For the sauce, put all ingredients in the blender, mix until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper..
This Chicken Shawarma Salad is LOADED with Lebanese ingredients traditionally found in a shawarma sandwich, (minus the pita) – grilled chicken smothered in shawarma spices, lettuce, tabbouleh, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, turnips, banana peppers and hummus – it's low-carb, high protein and the perfect meal! We obsess with this shawarma recipe, it's on constant rotation in my house! I often make it with chicken breast like with this chicken shawarma recipe, served with pita and salad. After sharing these Greek Chicken Tzatziki Bowls a few weeks back I was inspired to make them with thighs and turn them into kebabs. First, make the Chickpea Sweet Potato Shawarma.