Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free).
You can have Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free)
- It’s of Sausage Gravy.
- It’s 1 of chub Ground Breakfast Sausage.
- It’s 1 of white Onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1.5-2 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of each, Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Few Tbsp cooking oil (I used Grapeseed oil).
- You need 1/8 of th cup milk substitute (I used original flavor Rice milk).
- Prepare of Biscuits.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Gluten Free flour mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold Butter or Margarine, cubed.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Milk substitute (I used rice milk).
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) step by step
- Start with the biscuits. Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, add and mix dry ingredients. Cut cold Butter or Margarine into chunks and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, work butter into flour mixture. The goal is to combine, while still leaving chunks of butter (which creates flakes and layers within the biscuits)..
- Add milk substitute to flour and butter mixture. Using pastry mixer, incorporate milk..
- Gather dough in bowl and form a loose ball. Put onto a floured counter top or cutting board and pat into a rectangle shape. Add a little flour to the top and fold into thirds. Pat into rectangle again and repeat..
- Pat dough into rectangle again and when it's about 1/2" thick, cut into circle shapes. (I used the lid ring for a small Mason jar) Spray a cookie sheet with oil and place dough rounds across the pan. When pan is full, place into hot oven for approximately 12-15 minutes..
- Because they are gluten free, these biscuits don't brown as much as other kinds, but instead, have a light golden color at the edges..
- While the biscuits are baking, gather ingredients for sausage gravy making..
- Start by heating a larger pot on stovetop at medium-low heat with a Tbsp of oil. Add diced onion and garlic. Heat till softened and slightly translucent..
- Add sausage and brown, stirring occasionally..
- In a small container with a tight lid. Add the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of cold beef stock. Shake vigorously till incorporated. Add to meat mixture and stir. Add the rest of the stock and milk to the pot and heat till thickened. Add Salt, pepper & seasonings..
- To serve, pour gravy over warm biscuits and Enjoy!.