Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot. Great recipe for Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot. Definitely one of those, "to taste," recipes. I actually own two of these bad boys.
All you have to do is put everything into the pot as you like. The Original Shabu Shabu Hot Pot w/BBQ Grill by City ST. Mongolian Hot Pot 蒙古火锅 Hi everyone! You can have Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot using 36 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot
- It’s of ● For The Proteins:.
- Prepare of Thin Sliced Raw Chicken [I use thigh meat].
- Prepare of Raw Thin Sliced Beef.
- Prepare of Raw Shrimp Or Scallops.
- It’s of ● For The Beef & Chicken Broths:.
- Prepare 1 Box (32 oz) of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1 Box (32 oz) of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of Seafood Stock.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 20 of Fresh Thai Chilie Peppers.
- You need to taste of Sichuan Pi Xian Hot Bean Chilie Paste.
- It’s to taste of Sichuan Dried Red Peppercorn Blend.
- You need to taste of Gochujang Roasted Hot Pepper Paste.
- Prepare as needed of Dried Scorpion Chiles.
- It’s to taste of Dried Red Thai Peppers.
- Prepare to taste of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 30 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed – divided].
- Prepare 2 of 2" Chunks Fresh Ginger.
- Prepare to taste of Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [per side].
- Prepare to taste of Leaves of Thai Basil.
- It’s 2 of 2" Chunks Diakon Radishes.
- Prepare to taste of Fine Minced Lemon Grass.
- You need to taste of Fish Sauce.
- It’s to taste of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar [optional].
- It’s as needed of Jalapeños.
- You need as needed of Star Anise.
- You need of ● For The Vegetables:.
- You need as needed of White Onions [quartered].
- You need as needed of Fresh Whole Mushrooms.
- You need as needed of Fresh Chinese Cabbage [bok choy – quartered].
- You need of Fresh Broccoli.
- Prepare of ● For The Kitchen Equipment:.
- It’s of Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot.
- You need of Wooden Or Metal Scewers.
Join me with my hot pot eating, Mongolian style. How to make Beef Shabu Shabu. Little Lamb Hot Pot broth Base is boiled with beef bone, bone marrow, and our mixture of Little Lamb special sauce. This so-called "God Soup" (神湯 "Shentang") inherits Genghis Khan's family secret recipe in combine with modern nutrition theory which creates unique flavor of hot pot broth.
Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot instructions
- In one side of your Shabu-Shabu pot – add your beef stock. In the other side – add your chicken stock. If you own a secondary Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot – add your seafood and vegetable stock to each side..
- Add your Szechuan Pi Xian Hot Bean Chilie Paste as desired..
- Szechuan Peppercorns as desired..
- Chop your herbs and vegetables and gather your seasonings..
- Place all broth ingredients in to your separate broths. Unless you're an idiot – stay away from the left side. ;0) Guess what? I'm an idiot!.
- Turn your pot on and bring to a steady simmer for 15 minutes. Long enough to release the flavors of your chillies, Thai basil, ginger and diakon radishes. Leave pot at a healthy simmer..
- Trim fat and thin slice your chicken, beef and seafood. Feed your protiens on to your wooden skewers..
- Skewer meat, seafood and vegetables about 2" in length in scewers. Just enough to be submerged in your bubbling broth..
- Feed your desired vegetables on to separate skewers as well..
- Submerge your skewers in to your bubbling broths for at least 3 minutes. Or, longer, depending upon the thickness of your meats. Turn scewers regularly. Less time will be needed on your seafood and vegetables. Have your guests feed from the communal pot and directly from their scewers when they are fully cooked. No worries. No germs could ever survive this broth! For added spice – dip wet meats, seafoods and vegetables directly into a basic dried red pepper flake, peppercorn and sea salt mixture..
- Enjoy your extra spicy, culinary taste and tour of Chengdu, China!.
Find the best Shabu Shabu near you on Yelp – see all Shabu Shabu open now and reserve an open table. Definitely one of those, "to taste," recipes. I actually own two of these bad boys. One for meats – one for seafood and vegetables. Stainless Steel Electric Wok Mongolian Hot Pot with Broiler Sonya Stainless Steel Shabu Electric Hot Sonya Stainless Steel Shabu Electric Hot Pot with divider lets you to bring all sorts of dishes to serve your friends and family when you.