Hillbilly Taco Soup. Just made something with what I had on hand. This recipe can be made on the stove top or a rice cooker! It is an original rice cooker recipe if you have a rice cooker.
While we enjoyed the kids and the beautiful scenery that surrounds our homestead. #essentialmountainhomesteading #homesteading #ruralliving #. See great recipes for Hillbilly Taco Soup, Hillbilly Fries too! I had about a cup of taco meat leftover from last night. You can cook Hillbilly Taco Soup using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hillbilly Taco Soup
- It’s 2 of lbs. Hamburger.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion, diced.
- It’s 1 Can of Refried Beans.
- It’s Packet of Taco Seasoning.
- You need 2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 Can of Cream Style Corn.
- You need 1 Jar of Salsa, I use Mild.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle/Can Tomato Juice.
- It’s of Sour Cream and Shredded Cheese, for garnishes.
It was just browned ground turkey and taco seasoning. It wasn't enough for us for lunch, but I thought it would make a great flavorful start for a soup or stew. Chili Corn Soup – This meal will get you through some hard times but is good for anytime. See great recipes for Hillbilly Taco Soup, Taco Soup too!
Hillbilly Taco Soup step by step
- In a large skillet fry the hamburger and onion together til meat is no longer pink and the onion is soft. Drain the grease and stir in the taco seasoning with a tablespoon of water, stir til mixed well, then set meat mixture aside..
- In a large pot add the meat mixture and rest of the ingredients. Cook til completely heated through. Serve immediately with some shredded cheese, a dollop of sour Cream, and if you desire some crusty bread and butter. 😋.
This is a hearty, chunky soup that's perfect on a cold day. This is a one pot meal that's easy to make, and puts all of that extra hamburger. Perfect for winter blues eating! 😛 DO NOT thicken this soup too much. Keep potato dices larger to keep intact. This Quick and Easy Amish Hamburger Casserole is a simple, wholesome and comforting one-dish meal that's perfect for busy nights.