Dominican style dumplings.
You can have Dominican style dumplings using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dominican style dumplings
- Prepare 1 C of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of room temperature butter(use vegan butter for vegan ones).
- It’s of Water (I measure by eye and feel).
- Prepare of Salt.
Dominican style dumplings step by step
- In a bowl mix flour and butter until well mixed. Slowly add water and mix by hand until you get a firm dough. Not too wet not too dry. Put water to boil and salt well (like when you make pasta).
- After well mix and you have a firm ball, start cutting pieces with your fingers. Dominican dumplings are either a flat disk or finger like shapes. Make any shape you like. Boil these until they float. If unsure if they are cooked well, take one out and cut in the middle. If translucent (no white flour looking) they are cooked. You can make any sauce you want. I made a tomato basil sauce. Traditional Dominican dumplings go with sardines in sauce or dried salty cod in onions..
- These dumplings are a perfect canvas for any sauce you want..