Crab Salad with Ham Crostini. Great recipe for Crab Salad with Ham Crostini. This makes a wonderful lunch and a great appetizer cut in half or thirds. I use fresh bakery baguette rolls cut in half because we like the crispy top but the touch of softness that remains underneath.
The Best Crab Crostini Appetizer Recipes on Yummly It's piled on slices of Italian bread and broiled until bubbly. Pick over crabmeat to remove cartilage. You can have Crab Salad with Ham Crostini using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crab Salad with Ham Crostini
- You need of CRAB SALAD.
- Prepare 1 lb of jumbo crabmeat.
- You need 1 of stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely choppec.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks red not.
- You need of CROSTINI.
- You need 4 of baguette french rolls, cut in half, or slices of good french bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted, melted.
- It’s 2 tbsp of good olive pile.
- You need 1 of clove of garlic, finey minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/4 lb of thin sliced,deI honey ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of torn Boston lettece.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare 16 of more or less of grape or cherry tomatos.
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except Italian bread; blend well. Editor's note: The recipe and introductory text below are from Rick Tramonto's book Fantastico! Don't look any further for a succulent crab salad open-face sandwich. Add celery, green onions, chives, and lemon peel; toss.
Crab Salad with Ham Crostini instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil..
- MAKE CRAB SALAD.
- Combine all crab salad ingredients in a bowl, mix gently to combine. Chill.
- Place baguette halfs on foil, cut side up.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, olive oil, garlic,pepper, and romano cheese, mix well..
- Brush baguette tops with butter/oil.mixture.
- Place in preheated oven until golden and crisp about 15 to 18 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE CROSTINI.
- Spread each toasted bread evenly with crab salad, add lettuce on top.of crab salad..
- Wrap ham around crostini as shown.
- Serve with the grape or cherry tomatoes.
In a bowl, combine crabmeat, yogurt, chives, dill, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic and salt. Dollop the crab salad onto each crostini, then top each mound with caviar (optional). An herbed crab salad gets spooned onto toasted crostini & topped with a festive dab of caviar in this easy app recipe from celebrity chef Cat Cora. Randomly place the olives on the ham and carefully place the rocket leaves across the platter. Just before your guests tuck in, carefully drizzle over a little olive oil followed by the honey.