Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice). Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) Enjoy this delicious healthy Aloo (Potato) Poha. Batata Poha Batata Poha or Potato Poha is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. Learn To Make ** Aloo Poha
Poha makes a wholesome breakfast or a simple snack, which is made of flattened rice. See great recipes for Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) too! Aloo Poha- An easy and delicious breakfast made with beaten rice,potato and peanuts. You can have Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- It’s of thick Puffed Rice.
- It’s of onion.
- You need of Potato.
- It’s of Green chilli.
- You need of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- You need of ginger.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare of Urrad dal.
- Prepare of Channa dal.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- It’s of Curry.
- Prepare of cashews.
- It’s of Peanuts.
- It’s of Turmeric.
- It’s of Hing.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of For topping:.
- Prepare of carrot.
- Prepare of tomato.
- You need of Sev (optional).
- You need of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- You need of chat masala powder(optional).
- It’s of Yogurt (side).
Aloo Poha or Batata Poha is a very popular breakfast specialty from Maharashtra and Gujarat but now equally popular all over India. Poha is flattened rice/beaten rice/Pressed rice/flattened rice /chura /chivda or pohe and batata means potato. Batata Poha or Aloo Poha is a very famous dish of Gujrat as well as Maharashtra. Batata Poha is an excellent breakfast idea as it is not only quick & easy to make in the morning but also very delicious & filling.
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) instructions
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).
Flattened rice contains dietary fiber and protein, which is great for health. This maharashtrian batata poha is not only delicious but also easy to digest, thus suitable for the. Gujarati aloo poha recipe or batata poha – A perfect breakfast dish made from poha – flattened rice and batata – potato. The aloo poha or batata poha is quite well known in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is known as batata poha where batata is "potato" and poha means "flattened rice".