Pumpkin-cranberry scones. These pumpkin-cranberry scones deliver the goodness of fall in one treat! Pumpkin-Cranberry Scones. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. This Cranberry Pumpkin Scones recipe will be your new favourite fall treat for pumpkin season!
You can leave out the cranberries and just enjoy a delicious pumpkin scones recipe, too. Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are Easy to Make. Scones are really easy to make. You can have Pumpkin-cranberry scones using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin-cranberry scones
- Prepare 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin spice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk, very cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of can puree pumpkin.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and drained well.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream, separated.
If you are not particular about the shape, the dough can simply be dropped by the spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Cranberry Scones. "You can use any dried fruit for these tender scones, but my favorite is a mix of dried cranberries and golden raisins," says Della Dunsieth of New Castle. These gluten free pumpkin scones with cranberries & pecans are my latest creative use of delicious, healthy pumpkin purée. Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones with Cranberries and Pecans.
Pumpkin-cranberry scones step by step
- Pre heat oven to 375° line baking sheet with wax paper.
- In one bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture until coarse..
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth..
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the cranberries. Mix until just combined; do not over mix or scones will come out tough..
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, sprinkle of flour and need to gently 4 or 5 times. Pat the dough into a circle that is about one inche thick. Cut the circle in half then cut the halves into 4 pie shaped (triangle) wedges. Place on baking sheet and brush the tops with heavy cream..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean..
For those of you with Thanksgiving on the mind (or the extended weekend that brings all sorts of invited, and uninvited guests along with it), keep this recipe from. These sweet Pumpkin-Cranberry scones perfectly capture the iconic flavors of fall. Easy cranberry scone recipe with lots of tips for making them perfectly tender flaky. How to make perfectly light and flaky scones packed with dried cranberries and orange zest. Scone Recipes Cranberry Fruit Pumpkin Side Dish Breakfast.