Indian Style Tea.
You can cook Indian Style Tea using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Style Tea
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk (preferably full cream).
- Prepare 2 tsp of good quality black loose tea leaves (I use Wagh Bakri).
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- It’s 3 of black pepper corns.
- It’s 1/2 of of one star of anise.
- It’s of Fresh or dry ginger (preferably fresh, a few small pieces or about 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of dry ginger).
- You need 1/3 (1 stick) of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of sugar (optional).
Indian Style Tea step by step
- Lightly crush your spices and add tea and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Be sure not to boil water to long or u will over boil the water and spoil the taste..
- Once the water has boiled add your milk and again bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and bring to the boil again. Doing this process multiple times will create a creamy and more richer flavoured tea..
- As soon as the milk is boiling add your sugar this can be done afterwards but I like to infuse my sugar with my tea in the boiling process. Once it has boiled strain into cup/cups using a small strainer and enjoy..
- This Recipe can be changed and altered to your liking. As you make it more and more u will discover what spices etc. you may like more or less of. Sugar is definitely optional but in my opinion you can't drink Indian tea without sugar. Also you can adapt the recipe to make more or less tea..