Classic Lemon Bars.
You can have Classic Lemon Bars using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Lemon Bars
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare of Confectioners' sugar.
Classic Lemon Bars instructions
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour..
- Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool slightly..
- Meanwhile, in another small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour, and baking powder until frothy..
- Pour over warm crust..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack..
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into bars..