Oven baked mac n' cheese. This classic baked macaroni and cheese recipe is easy and delicious. Cheese, butter, milk, and eggs join macaroni noodles in a quick casserole.. then maybe brown it under the broiler quickly. Leaving the oven on bake to brown dried it out, I think.
This is the Macaroni Cheese recipe of your dreams!! Prepare yourself for the heart-stopping moment in the recipe video when I pull this bubbling beauty out of the oven….and the stretchy cheese shot! Baked macaroni and cheese doesn't have to be complicated with layers of ingredients to be the soul-warming food you crave. You can have Oven baked mac n' cheese using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven baked mac n' cheese
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s of Velveeta cheese.
- You need of Elbow macaroni.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
This homemade baked macaroni and cheese is my most favorite and has pleased crowds, small families, kids and picky eaters alike-give it a try and you'll see why. This is THE best oven-baked macaroni and cheese ever! When I was growing up my mother usually had one day a week, every week, that was her time. She would leave right after lunch and take the last bus home from town at night.
Oven baked mac n' cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While oven is preheating boil a pan of water and sprinkle with salt. Once the water is boiling put in about two and a half cups of uncooked macaroni. Cook until macaroni is tender. Drain the water from the macaroni..
- Prepare your 9×13 baking pan by spraying with non stick cooking spray. Then pour your noodles in the pan making it even. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir well. Depending how gooey you like your mac n' cheese begin cutting cubes of velveeta and mixing it with the macaroni. Put in about a half cup of milk and mix well..
- Bake for about 15 minutes and take the dish out. Stir your macaroni and cut up more cheese if desired. Place back in oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes until melted. Enjoy!.
Tips for the Best Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese. Use block cheese and shred, do not buy the pre-shredded cheese. The pre-shredded cheese is great for so many things but not macaroni and cheese. It's coated and won't melt properly. You need to shred it yourself for the best result.