Oven Roasted Potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Simply seasoned, easy oven roasted potatoes make the ideal side dish for a meat and potatoes dinner. A high baking temperature makes the potatoes sizzle and brown nicely.
Or look for bite-size potatoes that can be roasted whole. Line the pan with foil, which helps crisp up the potatoes and makes for easy clean up. While the oven is still hot, try roasting your favorite vegetable to help round out your dinner. You can have Oven Roasted Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Prepare 5 of Medium Red Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Pouch Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
Rinse and dry potatoes with a paper towel and transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil, seasoned salt, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet. I've never used paprika in such quantity when roasting any type of vegetables and I was a bit skeptical that it would be too much.
Oven Roasted Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut potatoes into small cubes. No larger than 1/2 inch..
- Coat potatoes in olive oil..
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to potatoes mixture. Mix well..
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes in a 9×9 baking dish. Potatoes should be fork tender when ready..
Yes they do take a little longer to roast but they cooked up beautifully. Nothing fancy here just a solid basic recipe for oven roasted potatoes. These oven-roasted potatoes are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work! You can use dried herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use them! I find the high temperature can cause fresh garlic to burn so roasted potatoes is one of the only places I really like to use garlic powder in place of fresh.