Dhingri Chole (dry white mushrooms with chickpeas).
You can have Dhingri Chole (dry white mushrooms with chickpeas) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dhingri Chole (dry white mushrooms with chickpeas)
- Prepare 7 oz of dried chickpeas soaked overnight.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 of handful of dried Chinese mushrooms soaked in water 30 minutes.
- You need 5 tbsp of ghee or peanut oil.
- Prepare 2 bunch of green onions chopped finely.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of inch piece of ginger root grated.
- You need 3 large of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cumin seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground chilies.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves.
Dhingri Chole (dry white mushrooms with chickpeas) instructions
- after soaking chickpeas over night drain cook with water salt baking soda till soft but crisp.
- drain mushrooms chop coarsely.
- heat the oil in pan fry onions till golden brown add garlic ginger fry 4 minutes add tomatoes turmeric lemon juice cumin seeds garam masala powdered chilies ground cumin stir fry.
- add the mushrooms stir fry 1 minute add chickpeas cook for 5 minutes cover 5 minutes more sprinkle fresh coriander.
- adapted from the cookbook favorite Balti and Indian recipes.