shark fin soup. Shark fin soup is a traditional soup or stewed dish found in Chinese cuisine. The shark fins provide texture, while the taste comes from the other soup ingredients. It is commonly served at special occasions such as weddings and banquets, or as a luxury item in Chinese cuisine.
That's because demand for the soup has brought some shark species close to extinction. Preparation of shark fin soup is an ancient tradition developed over thousands of years. Come on in, the water's warm. You can cook shark fin soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of shark fin soup
- You need 1 of fins and tail of a shark.
- Prepare 2 quart of water.
- It’s 2 large of potatoes chopped peeled.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar.
- You need 1 small of handfull lotus bulbs soaked 30 minutes and rinsed.
- You need 1 small of handfull woodears black Chinese fungus.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 1 pinch of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 oz of strip of meat from shark or chicken.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
Shark fin soup is a delicacy in Asia but demand for the meal has increased the practice of shark finning. Shark fin soup is a popular (and pricey) dish in East Asian societies, prized as a symbol of prosperity. It is traditionally served at banquets and on special occasions such as weddings. Imitation shark fin soup is a common street food sold in Hong Kong and Malaysia especially at night markets.
shark fin soup step by step
- mix all the ingredients drain lotus and woodears before adding cook on boil for 25 minutes add cornstarch solution stir till thickens serve immediately.
- mix cornstarch amd quarter cup water mix well add to boiling water it will thicken.
It is an easy and fast soup recipe with the authentic taste like the original. Great white shark Nicole has traveled across the ocean – will the demand for shark fin soup bring her journey to an end? Recipes of shark fin soup vary, but shark fin is an essential ingredient. The massive fin of a megalodon, boiled in a rich Far Eastern broth until soft and gelatinous. While not included in the soup, the remainder of the sharkflesh is salted and dried until rock hard.