Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek. Put both pans in the oven, with the gnocchi on the bottom rack and the vegetables above. Trim each leek at the root end, making sure the stalk stays intact, then cut off the top where the green part begins. Immerse in a bowl of cold water to loosen any sand or grit.
You will need an oven large enough for two baking trays to fit in at the same time, either side-by-side or on different levels. It looks soooo restaurant-ey, that it is hard to believe how easy it is to make! You will need an oven large enough for two baking trays to fit in at the same time, either side-by-side or on different levels. You can have Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek
- It’s 500 gr of potato gnocchi (thawed, if frozen) (1lb).
- Prepare 500 gr of asparagus (1lb).
- You need 1 of large leek, only use the white part.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen vegetables (we used peas, but you can use spinach, broccoli, etc.), optional.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of softened butter, unsalted.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Trim each leek at root end, then cut off top where the thick green leaves begin. Combine leeks and asparagus in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. There was no recipe better than this easy one pan baked gnocchi with prosciutto and leeks to conclude a month filled with comfort food.
Oven-roasted Gnocchi with Asparagus and Leek step by step
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). In a large bowl, toss the gnocchi with half the oil until coated. Spread out evenly on a baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half the butter..
- Wash the asparagus and trim the woody part at the bottom, cut into thirds..
- Cut the white part of the leek lengthwise and then slice into thin half moons..
- Peel the shallot and slice thinly..
- Add asparagus, leek, shallot, and the frozen vegetables (if using) to the same bowl and toss with the remaining half of the oil, until coated. Then spread evenly on a different baking tray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and the rest of the butter..
- Place both trays in the oven (if placing on different levels, put the gnocchi on the lower, the greens on the higher level) and bake for 20 minutes..
- Five minutes into the baking, gently stir the gnocchi to distribute the butter. Do the same with the vegetables. This should be repeated every five minutes for the vegetables ONLY..
- Once the 20 minutes are over, take both trays out of the oven, add the gnocchi to the vegetables, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and toss to mix..
- Serve with additional parmesan, if desired, and enjoy!.
Being so lazy this week, this recipe was the perfect midweek dinner saver! Throw everything in a pan (baking dish), mix, bake and it's done! Combine gnocchi, cheese, and ham in a bowl. Transfer to prepared ramekins, dividing evenly. Stir together bread and butter in a bowl until coated; toss in leaks.