Fried Burdock Root with Sweet & Salty sauce. This is an easy Burdock Root with Sweet Miso Vegan Meal recipe. This recipe came from shojin ryori – an old Japanese monks food. Burdock root is a vegetable that's native to northern Asia and Europe.
See its potential uses, side effects, and more. If you're going to consume burdock root, such as burdock root pickles, make sure to soak the roots to avoid tummy troubles from Its earthiness lends itself to cold-weather comfort cooking, providing a sweet carbohydrate satisfaction to sauces and stews. Among the many burdock root benefits, its alterative properties are undoubtedly the strongest. You can have Fried Burdock Root with Sweet & Salty sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Burdock Root with Sweet & Salty sauce
- Prepare 1 of burdock root (about 100g).
- Prepare of *Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tbsp of *soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of *sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of *mirin.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Crushed chili pepper (or shichimi spice powder).
This plant is an excellent lymph cleanser, can strengthen the immune system, boost Burdock Root Is An Excellent Lymph Cleanser, Protects Brain And Liver Health. Burdock root is the innocuous-looking underground structure of the burdock plant, which is found in many regions around the world. Burdock root can also be used in cosmetics. It can block the enzyme that breaks down elastin, the protein that gives skin its elasticity.
Fried Burdock Root with Sweet & Salty sauce step by step
- Scrub the burdock root well, leave skins on, cut into 5 cm length pieces and cut in half lengthwise. Soak in water and drain well..
- Heat the *sauce in a pan until sugar melted..
- Dust the burdock root with the cornstarch. Heat the oil in a pot and deep-fry the burdock root until tender..
- Mix ②’s sauce and deep-fried burdock root together. Sprinkle on sesame seed and crushed chili pepper (or shichimi spice powder)..
Eating wild burdock root fresh will have a much different taste than dried powder supplements, though After being thoroughly rinsed with a good scrub, when you bite into this fibrous raw root, it will evoke an earthy yet sweet flavor, reminiscent of a lotus root. Burdock roots are usually long and fairly thin, with a brown skin. They are in the thistle family, same as the artichoke, of which they have a similar flavor. It may not be the most common vegetable around, but if you see them at your local market, you should buy them just to see what they're all about. Burdock has been an important botanical in Western folk herbalism and traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, primarily valued for its cleansing and skin smoothing properties.