Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole. This sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe is perfect for weeknight meals and I've perfected the technique so the dish won't come out soggy. Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa.
Paleo Chicken Fajita Burgers with Tomatillo Guacamole. This one-pan supper is simple, hearty, and budget friendly. The chicken is moist and packed with spice, the peppers and onions are tender and juicy, and the creamy avocado balances it all out. You can cook Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, sliced into strips..
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of lemons worth of juice.
- You need 1 of limes worth of juice.
- It’s 2 head of butter lettuce, root removed, washed and dried.
- You need 1 of paleo guacamole.
- It’s 1 small of jar salsa (or substitute fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro and garlic).
I cut the chicken, peppers, and onions small because I wanted it to be easy to eat, but you could definitely cut them into strips like traditional fajitas. Chicken Fajitas are one of our favorite weeknight staples. They're flavorful and come together quickly to easily feed even the hungriest of appetites. Now, you can dress these Chicken Fajitas up any way you'd like and the accompaniments – like the Simple Paleo Tortillas or the Creamy Avocado Sauce – are optional.
Paleo Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole instructions
- In medium bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, sea salt. Toss chicken in mixture until fully coated and set aside..
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add coconut oil..
- Saute onion for three minutes. Add chicken and continue to cook until chicken is almost fully cooked (about 10-15 minutes), stirring often..
- Just before chicken is done, add red peppers, lemon and lime juice. Stir and cook for 3 minutes..
- Serve over lettuce and top with guacamole and salsa..
- source: http://www.paleoplan.com/2010/02-23/chicken-fajitas-with-guacamole/.
Fajitas are typically made with strips of grilled meat, but this recipe adapts the concept a little to use whole chicken breasts instead. It's just a slightly different way to try the same flavors. Fajitas are typically served with tortillas; for a Paleo dinner ditch the corn and go with the Paleo cauliflower version instead. At least once or twice every month I make an effort to enjoy a Tex-Mex style dinner, and one of my all-time favorites is, without a doubt, the chicken fajita. It's the perfect marriage of my favorite things to eat –juicy chicken breasts, hot and spicy seasoning, and a colorful mixture.