Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker. Rinse off the salt and drain. Arrange the chicken drumsticks over the rice. Turn on the rice cooker and let it cook.
Put washed rice, garlic, ginger, salt, chicken bouillon, and water in a rice cooker pot and mix well. Add chicken thigh to the pot skin-side down, and place the scallion over the chicken. Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of Jacky's favorite comfort food. You can cook Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker
- Prepare of breast chicken fillet.
- Prepare of rice.
- It’s of broth.
- Prepare of grated garlic (you can use garlic powder in lesser quantity).
- You need of grated ginger (you can use ginger powder in lesser quantity).
- It’s of onion flakes (a few regular onion slice swill do).
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- Prepare of oil (I used fermented garlic oil, but you can use sunflower, corn, etc.).
- It’s of salt.
- You need of Lime juice.
Well, at least he orders it whenever it's on the menu! hehe~ We once did a mini Amazing Hainanese Chicken Rice Hunt – mission to find the Best Hainanese Chicken. Thus far, this hidden dine-in-the-alley-super-busy-and-crowded restaurant in Hong Kong still sits at the throne. Making Hainanese Chicken Rice in a Rice Cooker. Making Hainanese Chicken Rice in a rice cooker is not new.
Simple Hainanese Chicken in Rice Cooker instructions
- Coat chicken with salt and lime juice..
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a rice cooker (I use a small one, 600 ml capacity)..
- Put the chicken inside. Press COOK and wait until it's cooked..
However, most recipes dump both the rice and chicken in the rice cooker insert. While this is a great one pot meal, it is more like Claypot Chicken Rice cooked in a rice cooker for convenience. The texture of the skin is not silky smooth. This Shaoxing Chicken Rice dish is perfect for busy days. All you need to do is to marinate the chicken for a while and then just cook your rice (with the added ingredients) in your rice cooker.