Suon Rang Man Ngot (Sweet and Salty Ribs).
You can have Suon Rang Man Ngot (Sweet and Salty Ribs) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Suon Rang Man Ngot (Sweet and Salty Ribs)
- It’s 2 lbs of pork short ribs.
- You need 2 of medium clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 TBS of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mirin.
- You need of Few drops of soy sauce for color.
- Prepare 3 TBS of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare of Oil for pan fry.
Suon Rang Man Ngot (Sweet and Salty Ribs) step by step
- Cut ribs into small pieces. Soak in water for 1 hour. Strain ribs. Dry ribs with paper towels..
- Mix Mirin, fish sauce and few drops of soy sauce. Mix well. Set aside..
- In a frying pan, on high heat, when pan is hot, put some oil. Put ribs in, stir until the meat becomes white, add garlic, some salt, black pepper and 1 TBS of sugar. Keep stirring for 1 minute..
- Put lid on, lower heat to medium, let ribs cook in its own juice until the meat on the both ends of the ribs recedes. That is a sign that ribs are cooked. Add some water if needed (not too much) to cook the ribs..
- When ribs are cooked, turn back heat to medium high. Stir until only about 1/4 of liquid is left. Make a well in the middle, pour in half of the Mirin, fish sauce concoction. Wait till it bubbles, mix with ribs. Stir until only about 1/3 of the sauce remains..
- Make a well a second time, pour in the rest of sauce, wait till bubbling, mix with ribs. When only 1/2 of the sauce remains, add 3 TBS of sugar mix well, add green onion. Mix well. Remove pan..
- Transfer to serving plate. Serve with rice. You can sprinkle the sauce on rice. 👍.