Chinese Style Tofu & Shrimp With Fermented Bean Paste. Fried Tofu Recipe- Easy Chinese Style) Print. This is my family's fried tofu recipe with minced meat. This recipe is unlikely a familiar dish for the non-Chinese, as you may not find this in the Chinese restaurants outside Asia.
Tofu get smooth surface and it is quite hard for the seasonings to attach. Starch water can help the seasonings and flavors wrapping on tofu cubes. The second way is to spoil the smooth surface of tofu by pan-frying or deep-frying, even freezing. You can cook Chinese Style Tofu & Shrimp With Fermented Bean Paste using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Style Tofu & Shrimp With Fermented Bean Paste
- Prepare 300 g of White Tofu.
- Prepare 250 g of Shrimp (Medium Size).
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Shallots.
- It’s 3 of Green Chilli Pepper (Jalapeno Works Fine).
- Prepare 3 of Red Chilli Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare of Green Onion (Optional).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sweet Soysauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Light Soysauce.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of White Pepper (Ground).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Powdered Mushroom Broth.
- It’s 1 Cube of Powdered Chicken Broth.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Fermented Bean (Usualy In a Bottle / Jar).
After certain process, tofu skin gets waves and small holes. This will help round out your idea of tofu's robust flavor potential and help achieve the exact culinary mood you're striving after. Toss the eggplant pieces in the cornstarch mixture to coat, shaking off the excess; set aside. As one of the most popular and humble Chinese ingredients, we eat tofu around the year.
Chinese Style Tofu & Shrimp With Fermented Bean Paste step by step
- Please Support Me By Visiting, Comment, Like & Subscribe to My Channel if You Like This Recipe & For More Recipe… https://youtu.be/n0EWdXAxwjo.
- Diced The Tofu & Deep Fried Until Golden Brown. Then, Drain The Excess Oil With a Strainer or Paper Towel..
- Prepare the Shrimp. Slice In The Middle And Remove The Veins. Then, Cut All The Vegetables, Finely Minced The Garlic, Slice The Shallots, Diagonaly Slice Green Chilli Pepper & Red Chilli Pepper, Peel Half of The Onion And Slice..
- Add 2 Tbsp of Fermented Bean (Taucheo In Chinese) Into a Mortar & Pestle, And Pound It Until The Beans Turn Into a Fine Paste..
- Heat Around 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil & Saute The Garlic & Onion, Followed By the Rest of the Vegetables, And Cook For About 2 Minutes..
- Add the Fermented Bean Paste & Stir With the Vegetables, Then Add the Shrimp And Stir Again..
- After The Shrimp Turn A Little bit Pink, Add 1 Tbsp of Sweet Soysauce, 1 Cube of Powdered Chicken Broth, 1 Tsp Powdered Mushroom Broth, 1 Tsp Salt, 2 Tsp Sugar, 50ml Water, And Stir Well. This is the Picture of Powdered Mushroom Broth, You Can Find it At Any Asian Market. This is a Subtitute for MSG, its Healhtier Because it Makes from Mushroom Broth..
- Put Back the Tofu Into the Pan, And Add 1 Tbsp of Light Soysauce, Stir & Cook For 2 Minutes. And Move to the Serving Bowl.
- For Optional Green Onion, Just Slice Them Diagonaly / Long. And Toss Them Into the Serving Bowl & Mix Well (Like a Salad) While it Still Hot..
- Your Chinese Style Tofu & Shrimp With Fermented Bean Paste Is Ready to Served..
- I Hope You Enjoy This Recipe. ^_^.
It is one of the best ingredients for a simple tofu salad in hot summer days or can be used in hot stews and soups in winter. Though it is plain and tasteless itself, the smooth texture and soy aroma still win ours hearts. As the tofu is fried in advance, the dish looks golden red in color. Cooking with this recipe results in a salty and spicy dish. Home-style Tofu is a popular dish throughout China among all.