30 minute shepherd pie. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream.
Gluten free, dairy free, kid approved and delicious! Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling While Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb, beef is just as tasty in this recipe. You can have 30 minute shepherd pie using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 30 minute shepherd pie
- You need 1 can of mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1/2 can of beef broth.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of worcestershire.
- Prepare 2 lb of mashed potatoe.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 lb of shredded mild chedder cheese.
This is a timeless classic – make this once and you'll make it. Four Generations One Roof I would suggest making this without the cream styled corn! Shepherd's Pie is easy to make and most commonly, the top layer you see in the pie is made with mashed potatoes. Hope you try it, and please comment below letting me know how it goes.
30 minute shepherd pie step by step
- preheat oven to 375.
- on the stove top cook ground beef.
- when ground beef is cooked thoroughly add half the beef broth.
- mix remaining broth with flour in a bowl then mix with ground beef.
- as you are doing first 4 steps also drain mixed vegetables and put them in casserole dish and heat up the potatoes. i buy those pre done packages you put in the microwave for this recipe. it takes 2 packages or you can make you own.
- put worcestershire and ground beef into the casserole dish and mix.
- layer potatoes on top.
- add layer of shredded cheese.
- place foil over and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- i eye everything so these measurements are approx if it looks like it needs more broth or flour or you like a lot of worcestershire add it.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is a quintessentially British recipe that's commonplace back home. I grew up eating it on a regular basis and it remains a firm favorite on many Gastro Pub menus for. Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat.